This position is now filled. Thank you to all applicants.
Burnaby law firm seeks administrative assistant
Campbell, Renaud has represented seriously injured people and their families across Western Canada for over twenty years. Located in Burnaby (Metrotower Office Complex), the Administrative Assistant will play an important role as the first point of contact for the firm.
Reporting to the Administrator, the Administrative Assistant will provide excellent clerical and administrative support to the firm’s paralegals and lawyers. He or she will manage the front desk, waiting area and main phone line, ensuring information is communicated effectively throughout the office, while simultaneously completing a variety of ongoing legal secretarial tasks.
Responsibilities will include:
- Greeting clients and visitors;
- Managing the main phone line, transferring calls, and relaying messages;
- Making appointments and coordinating lawyer and staff calendars;
- Organizing and updating filing systems;
- Photocopying and scanning;
- Requesting documents;
- Drafting legal letters, and
- Creating and maintaining books of documents.
- Post-secondary diploma or certificate in Administration (Business or Legal);
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience;
- IT savvy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010 or higher (knowledge of Amicus and PC Law software an asset);
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail, and
- Friendly, professional demeanour and appearance.
Priority will be given to candidates with clerical experience in a medical office or law firm setting.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org